Thursday, March 26, 2009

Twilight Fever


"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
So I am (finally) jumping on the Twilight bandwagon. I had been avoiding it all along....afraid it would be Harry Potter all over again (those books are an easy read but freaking long!)....nevertheless I couldn't resist. I am reading the first novel and almost done with it already. It is quite an intriguing book....I could barely drag myself away to check my facebook page (that is usually a priority for me!). I cannot wait to finish, then watch the DVD, then read the next books in the series, and then wait impatiently for the next installment of the Twilight movies to come out.

At U of R, I took the "Popular Monsters" English course (mainly because the one with fairy tales was all filled up), and we did a lot of reading on vampires. So Twilight is interesting when you compare it to other authors interpretations of vampires. But really I just like the book because it is weirdly romantic to me.

OK, I've got to get back to my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment