Tuesday, March 24, 2009

By the time that plane landed, I had diabetes....

I got a call this morning from the midwife's office....They received the results of my glucose screen instead of the new doctors. But they needed to give me a call because my BG was elevated at 157! So now I will have to get the 3 hour test. 3 hours?! I don't have 3 hours to wait around and get my blood drawn every hour....

I kind of just want to tell the doctors (I see them tomorrow) that I will go on the diabetes diet and check my blood glucose readings religiously....just don't make me do the 3 hour screen! I know GD is nothing to fool around with so I would rather treat it prematurely than wait around for more results. After all, already have dealt with so much, what is one more issue to add to this pregnancy. I feel so unprepared for this though...I always skip the pregnancy book diabetes sections thinking it will not apply to me. After talking to my mom though, it turns out quite a few family members have experience GD....Now I know! I don't feel like typing out all the information regarding GD....here is a link though for anyone interested: http://www.diabetes.org/gestational-diabetes.jsp

On a lighter note....check out this video clip of Lewis Black in which he talks about diabetes (toward the middle of the clip)....my title for this post will make much more sense! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mCDZMWVWuc

No comments:

Post a Comment