Wednesday, March 18, 2009

99 Balloons


Why do I do such things? I googled the 99 Balloons video on YouTube today.....of course I bawled like a baby before I even hit the play button. If you have never seen the video, I recommend viewing it...with a box of tissues and waterproof mascara and probably not if you have a slew of pregnancy hormones on board.

The slideshow video is about a baby born with Trisomy 18, a genetic disorder thought to be incompatible with life. This video is particularly relevant to me because at that 17 week ultrasound, the perinatologist touched on chromosomal abnormalities such as Trisomy 13 or 18 being a possibility. While everything is looking reassuring that the aqueductal stenosis is isolated, we declined an amnio so we can't be 100% certain there is no genetic problem. As we get closer to D-Day, I cannot help but worry that things have been overlooked or that the situation is more serious than it currently appears. I am feeling like I need to be prepared just in case....I am seriously considering asking for an amnio at my next doctor's appointment.....

It is such an inspirational story that I feel I need to share a link to the video. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment