Thursday, March 26, 2009

Preceptoring


So apparently I must know what I am doing at work....I precepted for the first time last night. Granted I precepted an experienced nurse with ICU experience, but it felt great to take a step forward in my career. Next thing, I will be expected to work as charge nurse, which I secretly kind of look forward to. I have a review book for the CCRN exam, which I am planning on wiping the dusk off and opening for the first time in over a year! Precepting last night has given me incentive to get moving on my career advancements. I feel like I was at a standstill because of being a new mommy and now a pregnant mommy....but I don't want to be waiting for years and years to get to where I want to be in my career. To be honest right now I am toying with various ideas of what interests me....I definitely want to stay in critical care....but in what capacity? Management....NP.....Nurse educator....who knows but in the meantime I will get my butt moving in the right direction.....I feel so motivated and career driven and grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment