Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Survived Daddy's Conference!

Chris was out of town for 4 days at a conference on Lake George, which is about 5 hours away. I was convinced allowing him to go would inevitably put me into preterm labor, but I am happy to report that Daddy is back and Ashlyn remains where she belongs....in my uterus!

Braeden and I did spend a couple nights at my parents house just in case I went into labor though. My mom even went out and bought us a queen size double air mattress so I wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. Surprisingly, the air mattress was so comfy....I usually wake up with the worst hip pain, but I slept like a baby and woke up feeling refreshed! I might be camping out in the living room on the air mattress for the rest of this pregnancy!

I had to work Tuesday into Wednesday night so Braeden stayed with Chris's parents. They said he was on his best behavior...I am hoping they weren't lying because I know Braeden can has a stubborn streak lately and has started throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way! Although maybe he saves the attitude for Mommy....

So 4 days without Chris was manageable. We definitely missed him, but life went on without any problems. Granted I did have to kill 4 spiders all by myself.....I even got some nesting done, but my list of things to do seems to keep getting longer and longer. Thank goodness, Ashlyn is staying put for now; I need at least another 2 weeks to prepare for her arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment