Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mr. Mom?

Yesterday I did a lot of research on babies with hydrocephalus. I spent most of the time visiting blogs of mothers who have been affected by hydrocephalus. One thing I noticed is that a lot of the mothers never returned to work. I didn't even consider how time consuming and challenging raising two children can be....let alone one with a birth defect. With Braeden, I was working full-time night shifts and watching him during the day....definitely challenging, but I made it work.

I got to thinking that if we struggle raising our two babies, one of us would have to quit our job. And most likely it would be Chris. Financially it makes sense. Chris is salaried...but I work a weekend contract and can pick up overtime. If push came to shove, I could bring in a decent salary on which we could still live comfortably.

Chris used to joke that if I got my masters in nursing, he planned on quitting his job and being a "professional playstation player." Well, he might just get to live his dream....expect in addition to "professional playstation player," he will also be "professional poopy diaper changer."

No comments:

Post a Comment