Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lilac Festival 2009

I thought I was going to birth my baby girl right in the middle of the Lilac Festival tonight.....

I was feeling great and wanted to check out the beautiful flowers this year (really I just wanted the greasy festival food and lemonade) so off we went to Highland Park to partake in the festivities. Unfortunately, my husband was being cheap and decided to not pay $5 for parking (and yet we paid probably close to $50 in food and drinks!). We ended up parking a mile away on a side street. I told him that was fine as long as he was willing to push me back to the car in Braeden's stroller if i went into labor. The entire time I was at the Lilac Festival, I felt like I was having one big, unrelenting Braxton Hick contraction. I am not even going to get into all the pressure I was feeling.....Luckily, she stayed put, and I got my fix of oh-so-healthy foods (lemonade, Red Osier roast beef sandwich with chedder cheese, fried dough, and more lemonade!).

Here are some pics:

Chris and Korie
(Just like the good ol' days when we would always take pics like this!)
Not a flattering picture of me

Braeden's favorite part of the festival...that straw!

The lilacs smelled soooo good!

Not looking...thanks guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment