Monday, November 9, 2009

Ask and You Shall Receive


About a month ago, I was at Wegmans and stopped by the pharmacy to see if they could order Baby D-Drops. The pharmacist looked at me like I had two heads and said she never heard of D-Drops. Well, just last week I was getting my prenatals when a box caught my eye. There they were right next to the nasty Poly-Vi-Sol drops, which my kids hate and as a result have stained more outfits than I can count. Oh happy day! I didn't even bother looking at the price (checked the receipt later...$15 and totally worth it!). I like to think I had a hand in stocking the D-Drops....Ask and you shall receive!!


Anyway, you are probably wondering what is so special about these vitamin drops. Well, babies, especially breastfed babies, need supplemental vitamin D. Most doctors recommend Poly-Vi-Sol, but they are just disgusting. I have tasted them, and I don't blame babies for spitting them back out at their parents! I did a little research and found an alternate manufacture of vitamin D supplements for babies. They are more concentrated and flavorless. All you need is a tiny drop, which you just put on your nipple before breastfeeding once a day. So much easier and mess-free! Baby D-Drops are officially granted my seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment