Sunday, May 27, 2012

Whooooo wants to Paint? Bird and Owl Arts and Crafts

I admit that I can be a bit of an overzealous party planner, and when I have a vision, I run with it!  For Ashlyn and Maddyn's joint Bird and Owl themed birthday party, I decided I needed to incorporate birdhouses in some way.  I took a stroll through Michaels and lo and behold, there are paintable birdhouses for $1!  What a perfect arts and craft activity! 

(All supplies to paint birdhouses can be found at Michaels)
 
I found these adorable paintable masks at Joann's for $1 each. 
I painted them beforehand, and viola, perfect photo prop for a bird themed party! 
To the right, you can see a basket filled with supplies to make sand art necklaces. 

The birthday girl painting a birdie! 
This picture is classic Ashlyn...she is always such a hoot!

Pretty girl wearing her sand art necklace she made at the arts and crafts table. 

Second party outfit!  
Yup, we anticipated her gorgeous party dress getting paint on it and were prepared.  Great news: the crayola paint is definitely washable, and her dresses came clean in the wash!     

Painting a birdhouse 

 Braeden loved making the sand art necklaces. 
He made one for various family members and friends! 

I didn't realize that the sandart kids I purchased at Michaels did not include strings to make them into necklaces, but we improvised and used leftover ribbon from the party decorations.  I think they turned out super cute!

 The arts and crafts table
BEFORE

The arts and crafts table
AFTER
Suffice to say, the arts and crafts table was a hit with the kids and adults alike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment