Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...on a budget!

You've got mail!

I surprised the kiddos with Valentine's mailboxes filled with goodies this year!  The mailboxes were found at the Target Dollar Spot, which I balanced on top of the candlesticks I found at the Dollar Tree.  The hearts and letters I used to decorate the boxes were found in my usually neglected bin of scrapbook supplies.  That's some easy math...grand total of $12 to make these adorable mailboxes! Cheap, easy and oh so cute! 

Notice there are 6....yes I even included one for Ozzie, our cat! 

 I found some cute candy bars and boxed chocolates at Wegmans. 
Dragon and dinosaur for Braeden; Princess and kitty cat for Ashlyn.

A fun February 14th sensory bin.
Contents include:
Pink dyed rice 
Fake rose petals
Heart cookie cutters
Cupcake liners
Heart shaped bowls
Heart shaped boxes
Conversation hearts



Almond scented glitter play dough
(My pinspiration and the recipe? http://pinterest.com/pin/203647214369994752/

Ashlyn making play dough heart shaped cookies!
(I have to admit, the almond extract made them smell so good that I was tempted to eat them!)

Braeden loved using my rolling pin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment