Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NT Scan

Today was my First Trimester Screen. This is the optional genetic testing that utilizes an ultrasound and blood test to determine the probability that your baby will have a chromosomal abnormality such as Down Syndrome or Trisomy 13.

I am relatively young so I am not at great risk to begin with to have a baby with a genetic problem, but I like the peace of mind that doing such a non-invasive test can give you. Plus, I got to see my baby again! I cannot believe how after only 4 weeks, the baby looks so much more human now! This ultrasound picture was great....it looks like he or she is waving at us! So cute!! We won't know the results for a week or so, but it was great to see our baby with a strong heartbeat looking very healthy!

Addendum: After 10 days, we got a call back with the results. Negative! Less than 1 in 10,000 risk of Down Syndrome and Trisomy 13. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment