Friday, January 16, 2009

Halfway There!


Today marks 20 weeks...the halfway point! I had a midwife appointment at 9am with Becky. It was a pretty uneventful appointment...weight, BP check, and doppler check. Only gained 4 lbs so far...not bad, but I am definitely still carrying some extra baby weight leftover from Braeden to begin with! BP was fine. Ashlyn's little heart was beating away at 150 beats per minute. We discussed the results of the ultrasounds....sounds like the midwives will be letting Dr. M deal with the health of Ashlyn, while they will continue to monitor my health.

After my appointment, Braeden and I went to the lab so I could have my blood drawn. Dr. M gave me a req to have my blood tested for CMV (cytomegalovirus), and I finally got around to getting tested. If this virus is present, it is possible I could have passed the infection on to Ashlyn causing the abnormality with her brain. There is an experimental medication available if that is the case. While the treatment is not a cure, it is thought to be beneficial in providing the best outcomes. It is very expensive, and insurance rarely covers it....but most likely I do not have the infection so it won't be an issue. The needle was the easy part...waiting for the results is the hard part. I want answers....but it just seems like all I can do is wait wait wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment