Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Foliage


So today, my parents, brother Chris, Emily, Chris, Braeden, and I took a daytrip to Letchworth State Park to check out the fall foliage. The views are breathtaking there. I highly recommend visiting in the fall time...absolutely beautiful. Take a look at the picture of my mom, Braeden, and I. It is also my brother's birthday...17 years old....I feel old; I remember him when he was a brand new baby!


I was distracted this trip though....Yesterday after finding out I am expecting again, I am going absolutely crazy. What will everyone think when I break the news? It is challenge juggling just one baby....how will I handle two? Guilt is setting in too...how could I do this to Braeden? I am excited with the prospect of a second child, and I will love having two babies close in age...but I still just worry Braeden will not be the baby anymore. Early pregnancy is also very nerve-wrecking for me...until I see the heartbeat and get past the first trimester, I walk on eggshells. Chris is reassuring me that everything will work out, but I know he also thinks this will be another big life change for us.


And then there is my mom.....Chris and I decided to hold off on sharing the news until we confirm the pregnancy with the midwife. Well, yesterday after I took my test I called my mom to chat. I must have sounded tired and overwhelmed. My mom definitely picked up on it so I admitted that I have been feeling a little tired lately. Immediately, she tells me that I need to take a pregnancy test. My mom and I have always been extremely close...but my goodness, she is good! I kept my mouth shut, but I wanted to shout out the news. As soon as I tell her I know it will be so much easier having her to go to for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment